Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, May 14, 2012

星薬科大学薬学英語・意味ネットワークの紹介

Hello to all my Pharm Eng I students,

This is a special posting about semantic networking (意味ネットワーク). This is a very useful method for you to gather up the meaning of words. In the pictures below, I will show you a very simple example.


Here are five words that are indirectly related. Some of the words have more direct connections than others.


Now I found one connection, and labeled it with a simple sentence - cats like fish.


Now I found two more connections - cats make good pets, and fish make good pets.


Now I found two more connections to that - people like fish, and people keep pets

So we can see the meaning pattern here with these words. Now try this one for yourself:


What connections, and what sentences, can you think of that would help you to remember the meanings of these words? Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment